For New Patients
In order for your care to be matched to an appointment with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 443-267-0090. It is important to include the following: a referral from your current physician, any clinical notes, imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs), lab results, other tests results as applicable (such as pulmonary function tests echocardiograms, pathology reports, EMG/NCS results).
Once the review process has been completed, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 443-997-1552 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return patient appointments.
Unfortunately, our physicians cannot speak with or give medical advice to patients that are not currently under our care.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
- Bring the following medical records if not already sent:
- All medical records relevant to your diagnosis (including rheumatology records, discharge summaries)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
Please forward the results of previous medical evaluations. In particular, the following information is required:
- Referral letter from your physician
- Summary letter from your doctor and/or hospital discharge summaries
- Recent laboratory results
- Biopsy slides or reports
- Results of radiology studies
This “information gathering” is an important component of your visit. It allows the Vasculitis Center’s physicians to examine and review relevant information before your scheduled visit. This preparation greatly speeds the development of an effective plan for medical care. If time permits, we will send you a questionnaire to fill out before your appointment.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return appointments.
For Returning Patients
You will need to plan for a one day visit to the Center as a return patient.
- Return appointments for the Vasculitis Center can be made by calling 443-997-1552.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and let us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Directions to The Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center
Please view the following link to see the driving directions and maps to The Johns Hopkins Vasculits Center and Bayview Medical Center. Once on the campus of the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, please park in the mid-campus parking lot, indicated on the campus map. The mid-campus parking lot is directly across the street from the Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, which houses the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center. We are located in Room 1B.1.