In order for your care to be matched to an appointment with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 443-267-0090. It is important to include the following: a referral from your current physician, any clinical notes, imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs), lab results, pulmonary function test and echo cardiogram results.
Once the review process has been complete, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 443-997-1552 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review. The scheduling office can also help to facilitate scheduling an appointment with a sub-specialty center, if appropriate.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring the following medical records:
- Summary letters from all treating physicians and/or past rheumatologist records and/or hospital discharge summaries (bring last 3 reports)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results (bring last 3 reports)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
- High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
Please forward the results of previous medical evaluations. In particular, the following information is required:
- Referral letter from your physician
- Summary letter from your doctor and/or hospital discharge summaries
- Recent laboratory results
- Biopsy slides or reports
- Results of radiology studies
This “information gathering” is an important component of your visit. It allows the Vasculitis Center’s physicians to examine and review relevant information before your scheduled visit. This preparation greatly speeds the development of an effective plan for medical care. If time permits, we will send you a questionnaire to fill out before your appointment.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return appointments.
For Returning Patients
You will need to plan for a one day visit to the Center as a return patient.
- Return appointments for the Vasculitis Center can be made by calling 410-550-6825.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and let us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Please view the following link to see the driving directions and maps to The Johns Hopkins Vasculits Center and Bayview Medical Center. Once on the campus of the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, please park in the mid-campus parking lot, indicated on the campus map. The mid-campus parking lot is directly across the street from the Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, which houses the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center. We are located in Room 1B.1.